Aging with Grace

I saw myself in thirty years.
She walked down with a suitcase and a small blue bag.
Dressed in a warm wool sweater, she was trendy.
"Where are you going?" was the first thing the future told me.
"God bless you" was the last.
I told her how I was working, trying to save up for classes.
She talked about her experiences, working forty hours and paying for college.
It was  impressive considering how colored folk didn't get the college opportunities that are available now.
She lived a long quiet life, just like I hope to live. I remember saying, "well it all worked out didn't it"?
Eyes alight, she was saying "Yes, I guess you're right".
Sometimes God sends us to a corner to meet someone for a reason.
Sometimes getting there an hour early is better
because you never know
if you're late for meeting someone that God planned for you to meet.

Age is No Battle

This entry was posted in ,,,,,,,,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading--The Blogger =)