Summer Food

I moved to my new home yesterday. The drive was scary and I felt a little lost being so far away from my hometown. I hope this move is a good thing. I moved to a smaller town where there's a lot of fresh produce. My landlady is a very nice woman who loves to garden and has given me access to her garden vegetables and herbs. I was so excited to make something so I tried stuff squash and stuffed cucumbers. I wasn't disappointed with the turnout. To go with it, I made some cucumber-herb lemonade as well. All in all, the only thing I would change is the grain in the stuffing. Here's some pictures and recipes.





Stuffed Squash
  • minced garlic (two cloves for a lot of stuffing)
  • Half an onion chopped
  • chopped roasted tomatoes (or regular tomatoes)
  • chopped thyme and sage
  • salt
  • pepper
  • couscous (preferably cooked. If you dont' cook it, it'll simply toast up and not cook very well)
  • summer squash of choice, cut in half and the seeds scooped out
  • Tablespoon of oil total
  • Masala and black pepper
Set the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix all the chopped and minced things. Then add the couscous, masala and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the stuffing into the squash. Now here, I would've added a little water into the couscous to see if it would cook a bit more. I would have to put a little bit more forward thinking about how the couscous would cook in the oven. I simply cooked the dish until it looked done to me. I may have undercooked it, but its all a learning process. The next day, I actually poured the stuffing into a sauce pan, chopped up the squash and the leftovers became a new couscous stir fry that heated up in five minutes!

This entry was posted in ,,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading--The Blogger =)