About Me

I spent an hour wondering if my "About me" section accurately told people " who I was".
We have a strange way to connect to strangers,
Its a weird pitch we compose as an effort to seem funny and entertaining.
" I am an avid reader, Dr. Who follower, and constant tea drinker!"
" Go Away"
"XYZ year old professional in Such and Such Country doing blah, blah, blah".
Words are words after all.
They don't really tell the whole picture.
There's no one phrase that sums up the one time that boy broke your heart.
And the times you felt really proud because you got all As or aced that interview.
These elevator pitches rarely tell us anything of meaning.
But somehow, I spent an hour thinking of something to say.
Something to bridge the gap between my own insignificance.
To be interesting,
To be loved.
We crave connection afterall.
So maybe my about me is a satirical pun reeking of irony.
Maybe it will be a significant quote that describes morality and philosophy.
Maybe I am still figuring out how I can balance my humanity with my rationality.
Does it matter because we are all figuring it out as we go? 
Anyway, the thing I wanted to tell you
is hello, my name is Divya.




This entry was posted in ,,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading--The Blogger =)