Its Time To Fly

I signed up for my first ever 5k last night! Its the Color Run (google it) and its supposed to be the happiest 5K.  I am excited but also nervous about it because currently my running is obsolete.  In 96 days I will say that I have completed one thing off my bucket list: to run a 5k.  My brother says that exercise can raise the body's levels of endorphins or the happy chemicals.  Goodness knows I need to be happier in my life.

I also think I know what my next 5 year plan is: to save enough money to travel.  If I end up going to professional school, obviously that money will go to schooling.  However, if I have the chance, I would like to break my fear of foreign places and travel.  The reasons why I don't want to go anywhere is trifold: I don't know what my parents would say, I am afraid my dietary restrictions would be compromised, and the level of safety for me to go abroad.  As a woman, stories about unfortunate incidents of mugging and rape even ( I attend a lot of women's awareness since I volunteered at a child slavery organization).

That being said, I really want to go traveling. Who wouldn't? Maybe I could scrape up enough money and work abroad in order to achieve this goal.  Until then, I'll be here, getting schooled in the art of science and applying to jobs. 

This entry was posted in ,,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading--The Blogger =)