No Slouching Allowed

The things we do in the name of beauty and image.  Urgh. I've been attempting to maintain my eyebrows since I can't go to a regular salon and get them done.  I am slowly getting better at threading my eyebrows without the fear of completely shaving them off.  Woe to me for being a girl in the twenty-first century.  It sometimes sucks because you're silently pressured to be pretty, have clear skin, and forgo the natural look for a more commercialized makeup ridden face, wear chic clothes that might not be comfortable (but at least you look "hot").

Is this what modern beauty looks like? 

Its not that I'm complaining because I feel like I have to try to be pretty in society's definitions.  I generally  don't wear makeup (at least not when I'm bumming out).  I have workouts printed and read for me to attempt ( I might even get a file for them).  But at the end of the day, who is this all for? I'm not in love (I've known for a while I'm still in my independent phase) and my dad likes to tell me that I'm ugly, especially when I look like I walked out of Vogue Magazine.  Its tough to decide that you're doing all this for yourself when really you're doing it for the industry.  Who needs all those eye-shadows, concealers, hair dyes, and mascara wands. So in my attempt at minimalism I'm going to challenge myself to find inner beauty: look for the good in myself (thought others may not see it).


Now don't get me wrong; I'm not renouncing everything that makes a girl a modern girl.  I'll still own my ten dollar shades from Charming Charlie and I'll still walk around wearing pretty clothes and attempting to look blogger chic (one of my blog experiments was a style blog. I'm still toying with the idea of bring it back).  I'll still wear blush and under-eye concealer and have a morning skin routine to keep it from look rough and "ugly".  But I'll keep in mind that everything should be in moderation.

"For beautiful eyes look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone,"Audrey Hepburn


This entry was posted in ,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading--The Blogger =)