Its been a while since I found a peaceful spot. In my aunt's house (well its more like a little tyke of a mansion) there's a small little sky-blue guest room (which ironically is bigger than my dorm bedroom) and the windows are actually patio doors which open out to the beautiful tree skyline around this place. Its beautiful and it made me wonder how fabulous it must've been for my cousin's to grow up here. If they wanted, they could've taken out sleeping bags and camped out. The sunset is beautiful as the sun tickles the sky goodbye. The orchestra of the world is my soundtrack and I wish I could stay here forever.
Sadly, things don't last. I wanted to make a lovely cheese sauce, but my uncle sorta started baking. With normal people this would be fine, but my uncle is a tad bit special. He likes to open all the cabinets and take out a million and one dishes, ingredients, and then puts this myriad of STUFF on the countertops thereby stopping any amount of other cooking until he's done. I'm sure this is the price of a rather delicious, buttery cookie that I was munching on as I snuck out onto this secret blissful spot.
One might wonder about what the hell I'm doing, writing about random crap that relates to no one but me. I'm tired of hiding. If there's one thing I wish I had the guts to do, its sing "What a wonderful world" at my cousin's wedding. Of course, a quiet voice has its setbacks. Sometimes it feels like no one listens, but then when I ask myself do I want to be heard I know the answer is no. I want to be remembered, but in order to remember something you have to forget.
There's a lot I wish I could forget. A lot. But, I can't do that. All I can do is sneak out another cookie and maybe make some mac and cheese, find a good playlist, and watch a cute little movie because sometimes its OK to be invisible.
Until next time, I am the Blogger, bidding the world goodnight.
The Art of Getting By
Posted on
Jun 7, 2011
