Cold and Composed

There's been a few things going on in my life which are both exciting, scary, and sad. I even got to the point where I couldn't be motivated to do anything, not even stress clean. Its a little hard to admit that you are getting bogged down by the overwhelming emotions which are both happy and depressing. Lately, I've been more depressed. I haven't been praying regularly. My runs have been sub-par. I go on lots of walks but I always feel like I'm going nowhere.  It has been really difficult to come to terms with a couple of things going on currently. But as harsh as reality can be, there are some positives which I think I should remember.

1. Last week my roommates, mysterious fellows that they are, surprised me with a birthday cake. It was so very sweet of them.


And so, to a Gospel birthday tune, I blew out my 23 candles.
2. I have gotten better at slip. I finished a couple of gifts already. I'm really excited to be getting better. Eventually, I hope to get into clay pottery.

3. I have seen the beautiful Atlanta landscape. Its made easier with the Beltline. I have joined a couple of nature courses on the beltline even.
4. I started learning how to play the guitar. It is so hard to get used to holding the strings right. I'm not sure how invested I am into this activity, but it is a nice skill to say I have right?
5. I think I will actually learn how to swim and scuba and snorkel. My brother suggested it and the more I think about it, the more I really want to give it a shot. I have spent my entire life afraid of my shadow. I think more than anything I would like to be unafraid. It is hard when I have so many insecurities (some of which are very unfounded).
6. I love knitting. It is a great past-time. I've also found time to try my hand at a sewing machine, embroidery, and drawing. I love all kinds of media so having these kinds of resources at my fingertips makes me feel extremely fortunate.
7. I would like to start a different kind of adventure: saving up for a future. Currently, I still have the mindset of a child. As I move into a new kind of status, I would like to learn how to live independently.
8. I would like to run a 10K at the end of the year. Perhaps I will figure something out and find a suitable race. I would really like to move on from 5k into serious running. Though lately, my performance has not been superb, I feel confident in my ability to kick it up a notch.
9. I would like to move on from the things that make me feel stuck. He's long gone from my life and I think its high-time for me to quit wallowing over the past.
10. I am getting into more interesting music. Now, I hate it most of the time, but at least I'm trying new things, right?

This entry was posted in ,,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading--The Blogger =)