Pain is the impetus of the human soul.
At least its like a muse that created chapels,
and temples, and music which spoke to hundreds of thousands of more souls.
Its the language which carried the love, and lust, and loss of humanity.
But what does that even mean?
Pain is disappointment.
When I started school,
I thought I would fall in love with the first man I dated,
that I would fall in love with my ideas of the future.
So what happened?
I met the wrong man, picked the wrong topic of study,
hung out with the wrong friends.
Disappointment really changes a person.
Pain really scares a girl.
Why am I being so honest here when I'm never honest with myself? I will never really understand it, believe you me. I guess the point of this whole homage to my insignificant, yet life-altering decisions is that everyone is responsible for their own words. At the same time, understand that everyone watches out for their own. I'm making this pain into something more valuable. I've felt ashamed for the greater part of two years. Word of advice: never let anyone shame you, or make you feel less "pretty and witty and bright". I guess I should take this lesson to use in the coming year. Now to say goodbye to my mom as she's going back home.
~The Blogger
I Feel Pretty
Posted on
Jun 18, 2011
